Astro allows you to customize the mobile app with your logo and color scheme. By default the mobile app is branded to with the Astro Logo and colors but you can modify by following the directions below.
The Astro mobile icon will still be on the customer phone. Astro does have a retailer branded mobile app option. This option provides a branded apple and android app store as well as a retailer branded mobile app icon on your customers phone. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
Customizing your Free Consumer Mobile App
First, log into your Astro account as an Admin User
. This is the username associated with the email address you used to sign up for Astro. You can add other Admin & Cashier Users
as well via your Actions menu.
Next, go to your Actions menu and select Mobile App Customization.
Once under Mobile App Customization you will see the following screen.
Here you can Enable or Disable your App. It's default setting is enabled, so as long as your customers' have an email address associated with their Astro Pet Owner account on your Astro Retailer Account then they can access your App. If you Disable the App then all of your customers will loose that access.
Change Top Logo
To change the logo from the default Astro logo you will first need a .JPEG or .PNG file of your logo saved to your computer.
Adjusting the Color Scheme
There are several sections that allow you to customize the color - Top Color, Top Icon Color, Tile Bar Color, Menu Icon Color, Menu Text Color, and Menu Line Color.
To find the perfect shade click on the text field to place your cursor onto it. This will bring up the following color shade wheel.
On the wheel there is a pin-point that you can drag around with your mouse to find the spectrum of color you had in mind. (The very center of the wheel is white/grey/black depending on how much shade you apply with the slide bar.) Then you can use the slide on the bar beside the wheel to adjust the shade of the pinned color. The bar to the very right will show you the final spectrum/shade of your color that will be applied to that specific section of your App.
As you alter the color you will notice the color # code change. Once you are happy with your color click Save & Preview to see what it looks like on the App. Then you can move onto the next section to alter its color.
TIP: If you like any of the colors you already made for another section just copy it's # color code onto the other section's text field and click Save & Preview. For example, the shade of brown that is currently selected for the Top Color on the example above is #776138. So if you also wanted the Menu Icon Color to be the same shade of brown change the Menu Icon Color from #d0ab52 to #776138.
You can undo ALL of your changes and start over by selecting Reset Settings. But be careful, it won't just undo your last change, instead it will revert your App back to the original Astro default version and you will need to start over.
The display name will automatically show the store name that your Astro account is registered under. You can edit this name to anything you like.
If you have more than one store on your Astro account you will need to choose one Display Name to represent all of your locations. You can also choose to remove the Display Name entirely by leaving that field blank.
Publish your Customized App
Once you are happy with all of your edits you can publish your new App! To do so click Publish Settings.
You can always return to Mobile App Customization to alter your Apps appearance. Just make sure to Publish Settings once you are finished. Your customer's who have already downloaded the App will now see your customized version.
Here is a mobile app that has been customized.
Getting Your Customers on the Consumer Mobile App
Now that your Mobile App looks awesome it's time to get your customers plugged in!
The best way to introduce your customers to the App is by telling them about it while you are checking them out.
- The App will show them all of their open Frequent Buyer Cards so they know how close they are to a free bag.
- The App updates in real time, so as soon as you hit Finished in Astro they will see their new punch on their card.
- The App will show them exactly what qualifying Frequent Buyer items they purchased and when those purchases were made. This is extremely helpful if they find they are forgetting what protein they fed last or have a picky eater.
- The App will show them all of the Astro Offers you are currently running at your store automatically. If you are enrolled in an Offer and it is currently live, they will see it listed under Special Offers. No more FOMO!
- The App will help them keep track of their Loyalty Points. They'll see their current Points Total and what they have spent their Points on in the past.
- You can use the App to send your customers Push Notifications letting them know about events going on at your store. A Standard Frequent Buyer Subscription includes Text Push Notifications. If you are subscribed to the Astro Marketing Suite you will be able to send templated Push Notifications with Images and My Promotions.
- Customers can also update their contact information and review our data policy directly from the App.
In order for your customer to access their personalized Mobile App they will need a valid email address associated with their Astro Pet Owner Account. This can be added to their account while you are checking them out in Astro by clicking where it says No Email on File below their name, or you can click on their email address below their name if it needs to be updated. Your customer will then use this email address as their username, just like you use your email address as your username to log into your Astro Retailer Account.