Some manufacturers offer Breeder programs to their breeder customers. These programs have a smaller Buy X and possibly different rules and product lists than a manufacturer's standard consumer frequent buyer program. Customers must apply for a breeder ID# and be approved by the manufacturer in order to participate in this program.
Enrolling in Frequent Buyer Programs as a Single Location Account:
1. Click on the Frequent Buyer menu and select Available Astro Frequent Buyer.
2. Locate the program and click on the blue title. Any Breeder program, will have the word "Breeder" in the title.
3. Now you will be able to view the program details and can enroll in the program.
Review the program's rules under Program Information and Terms and Conditions. The sub-program categories will be listed below Program Cards. When you scroll down to the very end of the program card list you will see where you can export a product list or a barcode list if you need them. Once you are enrolled in the program these exports will still be accessible to you.
4. This will create a pop-up that will allow you to select the name of your distributor from the drop-down menu provided. This menu will only show you distributors that are within your delivery range and that have agreed to receive reports for this program. Choose your distributor from the drop-down menu and then enter the account number your distributor assigned to you on the line provided and select I Agree.
If you do not see your distributor listed as an option select "Temporary Holding Distributor" and contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a temporary place holder which will allow you to start using the program while we go through the necessary steps to add your distributor to the program. It is very important that you do not choose an incorrect distributor while enrolling, so if you are unsure please ask.
Some distributors require an account number in order to enroll with them. Even if your distributor does not we still recommend adding one because it helps your distributor process your credits quickly and accurately. If you are uncertain as to what your distributor account number is please contact your distributor or reference one of your recent invoices.
5. You will be taken to the Enrolled page. The next step will be to convert the customer's accounts to Breeders. The link to this article is provided at the bottom of this article.
Enrolling in Frequent Buyer Programs as a Multi-Location Account
1. Select Frequent Buyer Enrollment Grid from the Frequent Buyer Menu.
2. Use the drop-down menu at the top of the page to show either all locations or a the specific location and can narrow down by Program that you wish to enroll in. If you choose a specific location the programs your main location is enrolled in will still show up alongside so you can quickly go down the line and enroll your other locations in the same programs.
If one of your sublocations does not have access to a program that the rest of your stores do the grid will say Unavailable. This can happen if only some of your stores were approved for a Private program, or one of your stores is in a State where a particular program is not available.
Make sure to assign the store specific distributor account numbers to each locations programs. Astro will auto-populate these account numbers as you enroll in programs with the same distributor.
3. This will create a pop-up that will allow you to select the name of your distributor from the drop-down menu provided. This menu will only show you distributors that are within your delivery range and that have agreed to receive reports for this program. Choose your distributor from the drop-down menu and then enter the account number your distributor assigned to you on the line provided and select I Agree.