How to Combine Duplicate/Merge Customer Accounts
If you notice that you have two active customer accounts for the same customer, or if you have a couple that wants to combine their cards onto one customer account you can use the Combine Duplicate PetOwner Accounts feature. This method is recommended if both of the accounts have active frequent buyer cards or loyalty points that need to be merged onto one account. If the duplicate account is completely blank you can just delete it by going to your Reports menu and selecting PetOwner LookUp / Edit / Delete.
If you are running the Lightspeed Integration there is a preliminary step we recommend you perform. Log into Astro directly as an Admin, then lookup both of the accounts you plan to combine and remove the link to the account in Lightspeed by clicking the Incorrect Customer button located below the customer's name. Then once you combine the two accounts into one you can lookup the customer in Lightspeed and attach them to blank sale, click the Astro Loyalty button, find the customer account listed and click on it to recreate your LS>Astro link.
1. Locate Combine Duplicate Petowner Accounts under the Actions menu while under your Admin Account. If you are a Multi-location account this option will show for Admin users on both main and sub-location accounts.
Select Combine Duplicate Petowner Accounts
2. Type in either the customer's Name, Email, or Phone Number and click Search.
3. Select the customer accounts that you wish to combine by selecting Add to Queue.
4. Once the customer accounts are in the queue you will need to select the primary account,
see the Red Arrow below.
If both accounts have active cards the cards will be combined together under the primary account that you selected
I recommend choosing the account that has an email address. If one account has an email address and the other account has a phone number, check the account that has the email address and write down the phone number just in case it is not copied during the combining process.
First select the Primary Account, then click Combine Customers.
5. Once you have chosen your primary account (see red arrow above). In this case I chose the account with the most contact information. Then you will select Combine Customers (see the yellow arrow above). It will ask you to confirm that you are sure. Click "yes". Then you should get a confirmation that the accounts have been combined and it will then take you to the customer's checkout screen where you will be able to see their cards. From there you can confirm that everything merged successfully.
Customer List | Accessing Customer Accounts - Look Up / Edit / Delete / Export
Your customer list is located under the Customers menu at the top of your Astro homepage. You will now see your complete customer list. If you have multiple locations the customer list will look a little different depending on which location you ...
Checking Out Customers
How to Checkout a Customer in Astro You will use this interface to check out customers in person and add their active (un-redeemed) paper cards into Astro when you are first getting started. In order to Checkout a customer in Astro, they must first ...
Upload an Existing Customer List for New Astro Retailers
This article is for onboarding new retailer's customers. Uploading customer lists is done when a retailer first joins Astro and has a blank account. We can only upload one list, so make sure the list has the correct customer's information to the best ...
How to Delete or Re-instate a Deleted Customer Account | Customers
How to Delete a Customer: 1. Select the Customers tab at the top of your Astro account. 2. Search for the customer and select their account. 3. Scroll down to the bottom of the account page and select Delete Account. It will ask to confirm to ...
Adding a New Customer
How to Create a Pet Owner Account for a New Customer The video above shows how to add a new customer prior to the launch of the Astro Marketing Suite. The main difference between what you see in the video and how it works now is where the Add ...