How to Enable Lightspeed on your Astro Account:
2. Go to Actions> Enable Lightspeed
3. Select "Click Here"
to activate the Lightspeed API
4. Sign into your Lightspeed account.
*If you have issues logging into your lightspeed account on this step, please contact Lightspeed Support:
5. Select Authorize Application.
6. This will redirect you to Astro where you see detailed step by step instructions on how to create a new Button for Astro Loyalty on your Lightspeed account.
How to Create a Custom Astro Button:
1. Go to Settings in Lightspeed.
2. Scroll down and select Custom Menus.
3. You will need to create this button on both the Sale Tab and the Refund Tab. The button setup will be exactly the same on both tabs.
The Sale button will add Frequent Buyer purchases to your customers' cards and it will reward them the appropriate amount of points based on their purchase if you are running Astro Points. The Refund button will remove the appropriate amount of points based on their return if you are running an Astro Points program, but it will not remove items from the customer's cards - the cashier will need to do this manually to ensure that the correct item they are returning is removed.
4. Under Add New Button:
- Change Title: Astro Loyalty
- Change Type: Open Web Page
- You can select any color for your button
- Then click on "Add Button to Menu"
5. Edit the Astro Loyalty button.
6. Enter in the URL field: https://secure.astroloyalty.com/api/lightspeed/
7. Save Changes. *You do not need to change or select anything else on this page.
8. Now you will see an Astro Loyalty button on your Sales screen. Repeat these steps to create a button on your Refund tab.