Custom Pet Owner tags allow you to define your own tags for grouping pet owners. These tags can be used to generate pet owner list for use with Campaigns, Push Notifications, or Text Messaging as well with Loyalty Points now! Here is more information about Customer Tags via the Marketing Suite: Customer Information Settings | Marketing Suite
With Customer Tags, you can create Tags in the Marketing Suite or within the Loyalty Points section. You can use these tags to Include or Exclude groups of customers from earning points.
1. As an Admin user, go to your Actions menu.
2. Select My Points Setup.
3. You should see an option at the bottom to create Customer Tags. Type what you would like to label your Tag as in the text box and click "Create Tag"
In this example, we are creating a tag for our VIP Customers.
4. You can use an existing Points Event you already created or you can create a new Event to use your customer tag for.
In this example, we will edit an existing point option "Midtown Points. This is a basic $1= 1point event.
5. You will see two options labeled, Include Customer Tags and Exclude Customer Tags. You can choose if you want to Include or Exclude specific groups of customers.
You can select multiple tags for each option as well.
You can add a tag to a customer via Checkout or the Customers section.
In this example, we will be going through the Customers section.
1. As an Admin user, go to the Customers tab.
2. Search for the customer.
3. Click on the 3 Bar/Lines Icon.
4. Check the box for the Tag you want to associate with the customer and then Save Selection.
5. The icon will turn Green if a customer has a tag associated with their pet owner account.
6. Now your customers with those tags will earn or not earn points depending on what option you chose in the setup steps above.
How to Set up Lifetime Points:
Lifetime Points are how many total points the customer has earned over the course of their participation in the points program. It is a great way gauge how many dollars that particular customer has spent over their lifetime of shopping at your store.
For example; You could Tag a customer as a VIP once they cross a certain threshold of points earned. Then that retailer can reward those VIP customers with additional perks that they wouldn’t otherwise offer to their other customers. This can be something like double point events on a certain day of the week, or they can be eligible for certain types of rewards in which they can spend their points.
1. When setting up customer tags, you can also set a Lifetime Point amount for that specific customer tag you created. You can click on the number under the Lifetime Points Threshold column.
2. Enter in the Points Threshold you'd like for that customer tag:
You can include or exclude customers with tags from the tags you created in the above steps to earn specific rewards.